LaxLessons – The Original. The Best. The Leader.
Your unbiased, professional source for lax recruiting.
Our groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Recruiting Rundown, launched in 2009.
Get caught up on the latest news right here, right now by visiting LaxLessons.com’s groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Lacrosse Insider. It’s the No. 1 source for recruiting news, analysis and objective information in the NY/NJ/CT tristate hotspot and the entire lax galaxy, featuring nationally respected, award-winning multimedia news and sports director, manager, producer and editor Joe Lombardi, the author of the latest edition of “Lacrosse for Dummies.” Access Insider here.
A 23-year-old former varsity lacrosse player at Long Island power Cold Spring Harbor has confessed to drowning his 63-year-old mother to death at their home in Lloyd Harbor.
Denis Dyson Cullen Jr. (left, in a photo by Suffolk County Police), who is known by his middle name, told police that he and his mother, Elizabeth, argued over him not taking his medication on Wednesday.
After she allegedly poked him during the argument, he put her in a headlock and, as she struggled to escape, dragged her from the shallow end of the family’s pool to the deep end and drowned her, authorities said.
He then took her body to a shed next to the family’s $1.8 million home (pictured above) on two acres of property and covered it with a dinghy, before taking a shower inside the family’s White Hill Road home. He then removed money from his mother’s wallet and took a train into New York City where he reportedly confessed to one of his sisters.
“This is a son who killed his mother, and the way he killed her, the way he describes how it was done, is chilling,” Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla said.
Cullen, who faces 25 years to life in prison on a charge of murder in the second degree, is being held on $8 million bail. His court-appointed attorney said there is “some notion” of a history of mental illness or drug abuse.
Cullen’s father, Denis, works as an investment banker.
Dyson Cullen, who is unemployed, attended Cold Spring Harbor through the fall of his junior year in 2010.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to email@example.com, contact Joe Lombardi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
LaxLessons’ Fall 2015 Signing Week coverage
LL/RR LaxLessons Recruiting Rundown: The Leader – The Original, The Best
Our groundbreaking, imitated and never duplicated Recruiting Rundown launched in 2009, years before the copycat imitators.
Tristate Division I Class of 2015 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2016 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2017 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2018 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2019 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2020 commitments by college
LL/RR Recruiting Rundown commitment lists
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2018
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2019
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2020
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2015 National Letter Of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2014 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
First 10 defenders/longstick midfielders
Once again, our Tristate Top 100 is an exclusive feature on our Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section. If you are not already, become an Insider by clicking here.
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com
PLAYS/DRILLS: Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Posted In: Long Island lacrosse