LaxLessons – The Original. The Best. The Leader.
Your unbiased, professional source for lax recruiting.
Our groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Recruiting Rundown, launched in 2009.
Get caught up on the latest news right here, right now by visiting LaxLessons.com’s groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Lacrosse Insider. It’s the No. 1 source for recruiting news, analysis and objective information in the NY/NJ/CT tristate hotspot and the entire lax galaxy, featuring nationally respected, award-winning multimedia news and sports director, manager, producer and editor Joe Lombardi, the author of the latest edition of “Lacrosse for Dummies.” Access Insider here.
This story has been updated.
Attackman/midfielder Matt Mackrides of the MLL’s Atlanta Blaze has been diagnosed as having suffered a concussion after being taken off the field on a stretcher following an immobilizing hit against Charlotte Friday night.
The former Penn State standout made contact with the top of his helmet coming off a pick in the offensive zone after making contact with a Charlotte opponent.
Mackrides, who laid motionless after the injury, was taken to a Georgia hospital for treatment.
Early word Saturday from the Blaze is that Mackrides suffered a concussion and was cleared from the hospital late Friday.
Mackrides will have to rest and start his recovery process for the concussion, the team doctor said, adding t is unlikely he will be able to participate or travel to the All-Star Game on July 9 in California.
“We are thankful and relieved that Matt will be OK after his fall last night,”Atlanta Blaze. Blaze owner Peter Trematerra noted. “Matt’s health will of course be the Blaze’s top priority and the Matt will abide by all health recommendations of (the team doctor) and training staff in the coming weeks.”
The 5-foot-10, 175-pound Mackrides, who attended Malvern Prep (PA), was traded to the Blaze in mid-June the Chesapeake Bayhawks in exchange for former Duke University and Walt Whitman HS (NY) standout Myles Jones.
Mackrides was selected 26th overall by the Bayhawks in the 2012 MLL Collegiate Draft. He was named to the 2016 MLL all-star team.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to email@example.com, contact Joe Lombardi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
LaxLessons’ Fall 2015 Signing Week coverage
LL/RR LaxLessons Recruiting Rundown: The Leader – The Original, The Best
Our groundbreaking, imitated and never duplicated Recruiting Rundown launched in 2009, years before the copycat imitators.
Tristate Division I Class of 2015 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2016 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2017 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2018 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2019 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2020 commitments by college
LL/RR Recruiting Rundown commitment lists
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2018
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2019
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2020
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2015 National Letter Of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2014 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
First 10 defenders/longstick midfielders
Once again, our Tristate Top 100 is an exclusive feature on our Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section. If you are not already, become an Insider by clicking here.
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com
PLAYS/DRILLS: Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Posted In: Major League Lacrosse