Memorial services set for Georgetown lacrosse player, former Garden City (NY) standout Eddie Blatz, 21
LaxLessons – The Original. The Best. The Leader.
Your unbiased, professional source for lax recruiting.
Our groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Recruiting Rundown, launched in 2009.
Get caught up on the latest news right here, right now by visiting LaxLessons.com’s groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Lacrosse Insider. It’s the No. 1 source for recruiting news, analysis and objective information in the NY/NJ/CT tristate hotspot and the entire lax galaxy, featuring nationally respected, award-winning multimedia news and sports director, manager, producer and editor Joe Lombardi, the author of the latest edition of “Lacrosse for Dummies.”
Memorial services for former Garden City (NY) lacrosse standout Eddie Blatz, a junior on the Georgetown University men’s lacrosse team who died suddenly Sunday morning, have been announced.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the Blatz family and our players and Eddie’s friends as we begin to go through the grieving process,” Georgetown Head Coach Kevin Warne said. “Eddie was a great young man who was well-respected and well-liked by his teammates and the Georgetown lacrosse family. He was a very bright student and a talented player and words cannot express the loss we are feeling right now.”
A defenseman who appeared in 25 games and started 19 during his career, Blatz Jr. was enrolled in the McDonough School of Business and was a management major.
A 2013 Garden City graduate, Blatz also played football and basketball.
“Our heartfelt condolences and deepest sympathies go to Eddie’s family as together we mourn his sudden passing,” Georgetown Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Lee Reed said. “This is a tragic loss not only for our Georgetown athletics family but for our entire university. He will be greatly missed by his teammates and coaches and friends on campus. The University community will provide campus resources to our student-athletes and coaches during this difficult time.”
Georgetown fell to Virginia 9-8 on Saturday night in a home contest. The 6-foot-5, 213-pound Blatz started the game.
For LaxLessons’ previous story on Eddie Blatz’s death, click here.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to email@example.com, contact Joe Lombardi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
LaxLessons’ Fall 2015 Signing Week coverage
LL/RR LaxLessons Recruiting Rundown: The Leader – The Original, The Best
Our groundbreaking, imitated and never duplicated Recruiting Rundown launched in 2009, years before the copycat imitators.
Tristate Division I Class of 2015 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2016 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2017 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2018 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2019 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2020 commitments by college
LL/RR Recruiting Rundown commitment lists
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2018
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2019
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2020
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2015 National Letter Of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2014 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
First 10 defenders/longstick midfielders
Once again, our Tristate Top 100 is an exclusive feature on our Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section. If you are not already, become an Insider by clicking here.
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com
PLAYS/DRILLS: Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Posted In: College lacrosse, Long Island lacrosse