LaxLessons – The Leader.
Your unbiased, professional source for lax recruiting.
Our groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Recruiting Rundown, launched in 2009, years before the copycat imitators.
Get caught up on the latest news right here, right now by visiting LaxLessons.com’s groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Lacrosse Insider. It’s the No. 1 source for recruiting news, analysis and objective information in the NY/NJ/CT tristate hotspot and the entire lax galaxy, featuring nationally respected, award-winning multimedia news and sports director, manager, producer and editor Joe Lombardi, the author of the latest edition of “Lacrosse for Dummies.” Access Insider here.
An on-field incident that has led to the head coach of one of the nation’s leading men’s college lacrosse programs being placed on administrative leave involves a pair of former high school standouts from Westchester County in the heart of New York’s Hudson Valley.
Chris Bates, a former star at John Jay High School in Cross River (NY) and Dartmouth College, was placed on leave pending a review of an incident in this past Saturday’s game 19-8 loss to Brown, the university announced Monday.
Bates (left) appeared to stick out his elbow and bump Brown senior midfielder John Yozzo-Scaperrotta of Dobbs Ferry as Yozzo-Scaperrotta jogged back to the sideline after Yozzo-Scaperrotta (right) collided with a Princeton player following the opening faceoff of the third quarter. (A screen grab of the video of the incident from the Ivy League Digital Network is above.)
Offensive coordinator Matt Madalon will lead the team during Bates’ absence.
“The University is taking this matter seriously and will be conducting a prompt and thorough review,” Princeton said in the statement.
Bates has been Princeton’s head coach the last seven years after a 10-year tenure at Drexel University.
Yozzo-Scaperrotta, a three-sport standout at Dobbs Ferry, was a two-year captain of the Eagles’ varsity lacrosse team.
Yozzo-Scaperrotta appeared to yell at Bates following the incident, a videotape of which may be viewed here.
Here are links to men’s and women’s college schedules:
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, contact Joe Lombardi directly at email@example.com or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
LaxLessons’ Fall 2015 Signing Week coverage
LL/RR LaxLessons Recruiting Rundown: The Leader – The Original, The Best
Our groundbreaking, imitated and never duplicated Recruiting Rundown launched in 2009, years before the copycat imitators.
Tristate Division I Class of 2015 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2016 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2017 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2018 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2019 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2020 commitments by college
LL/RR Recruiting Rundown commitment lists
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2018
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2019
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2020
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2015 National Letter Of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2014 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
First 10 defenders/longstick midfielders
Once again, our Tristate Top 100 is an exclusive feature on our Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section. If you are not already, become an Insider by clicking here.
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com
PLAYS/DRILLS: Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Posted In: College lacrosse, Hudson Valley, Section 1