LaxLessons – The Leader.
Professional, unbiased coverage.
Our groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Recruiting Rundown, launched in 2009.
Get caught up on the latest news right here, right now by visiting LaxLessons.com’s groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Lacrosse Insider. It’s the No. 1 source and unparalleled leader for recruiting news, analysis and objective information in the NY/NJ/CT tristate hotspot and the entire lax galaxy, featuring nationally respected, award-winning multimedia news and sports director, manager, producer and editor Joe Lombardi, the author of the latest edition of “Lacrosse for Dummies.” Access Insider here.
Jack Gorman is on the fast track to success.
The speedy, athletic midfielder just became the second Class of 2018 commit for Section 1 (NY) power John Jay to verbally commit.
Gorman decided on Fairfield University, a decision first reported by Joe Lombardi on LaxLessons.com’s Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section.
The 5-foot-11, 165-pound Gorman, a righty, is also a skilled and polished player with a high lacrosse IQ.
John Jay’s other 2018 verbal came from Duke-bound defender Braden Burke.
Now, here’s a Q&A with Jack on his commitment.
What were the main factors in your decision?
Some of the main factors of committing to Fairfield was the amazing campus, outstanding business school, and the coaching staff that Fairfield has.
What other schools were you considering and what schools did you visit?
I considered several Patriot League schools.
Have you decided what academic major you plan to pursue?
What are your strengths as a player and how would you describe your style of play?
My strength as a player is my speed, my style of play is very fast-paced.
What area of your game do you need to work on?
There are a lot of areas that need improvement, but most of all I need to improve my left hand.
How did you first get introduced to lacrosse?
I first got introduced to lacrosse by my dad as he played lacrosse at Hobart.
What travel team do you play on?
I currently play on Long Island Express North.
Any final thoughts and people you want to thank for helping you to this point?
I would most of all like to thank my family for sacrificing so many weekends, and for all their support. I would also like to thank all the coaches I’ve had throughout the years, especially Coach (Rich) Reda and Coach (Chris) Schreiber.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to email@example.com, contact Joe Lombardi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
LaxLessons’ Fall 2015 Signing Week coverage
LL/RR LaxLessons Recruiting Rundown: The Original, The Best
Our groundbreaking, imitated and never duplicated Recruiting Rundown launched in 2009, years before the copycat imitators.
Tristate Division I Class of 2015 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2016 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2017 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2018 commitments by college
Tristate Division I Class of 2019 commitments by college
LL Recruiting Rundown commitment lists
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2018
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2019
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2015 National Letter Of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2014 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
First 10 defenders/longstick midfielders
Once again, our Tristate Top 100 is an exclusive feature on our Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section. If you are not already, become an Insider by clicking here.
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com
Posted In: Hudson Valley, Recruiting Rundown, Section 1