LaxLessons – The Leader.
Our groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated coverage,
and Recruiting Rundown, launched in 2009.
Get caught up on the latest news right here, right now by visiting LaxLessons.com’s groundbreaking, imitated, but never duplicated Lacrosse Insider. It’s the No. 1 source and unparalleled leader for recruiting news, analysis and objective information in the NY/NJ/CT tristate hotspot and the entire lax galaxy, featuring nationally respected, award-winning multimedia news and sports director, manager, producer and editor Joe Lombardi, the author of the latest edition of “Lacrosse for Dummies.” Access Insider here.
Staples High School’s emergence as a contending program in the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has coincided with the Wreckers consistently producing Division I-bound players each year.
The latest such player is rising senior attackman Connor Chamberlin, whose recent commitment to Monmouth was first reported by Joe Lombardi on LaxLessons.com’s Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section.
The 6-foot-2, 170-pound righty is am effective finisher who has a strong outside shot.
Now, here’s a Q&A with Connor on his commitment.
What were the main factors in your decision?
I was treated well by the coaching staff and I really like the location of the school.
What other schools were you considering and what schools did you visit?
I also looked at High Point and Loyola.
Have you decided what academic major you plan to pursue?
I am not positive yet, but I am pretty sure I will major in Business.
What are your strengths as a player and how would you describe your style of play?
I believe that I am a strong finisher and that my shot is my biggest strength.
I would describe my play style as catch and shoot.
What area of your game do you need to work on?
Like every player I think I need to work on my off hand.
How did you get introduced to lacrosse and what other sports have you played?
Lacrosse has always been a part of my family and I started when I was in elementary school.
I have always played basketball along with lacrosse.
What travel team do you play on what showcase events did you participate in?
I was on Eclipse.
Any final thoughts and people you want to thank for helping you reach this point?
I would like to thank my parents for the support they have given me especially my dad.
And a special thanks to John Snellman and John Mathews who help turn me into the player I am today.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to email@example.com, contact Joe Lombardi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
* Click here for LaxLessons Tristate Top 100 preseason player rankings
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
Recruiting Rundown section
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2018
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2014 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
Be a Lacrosse Insider
Lacrosse Insider: Tristate Class of 2014 commitments by college
Lacrosse Insider: Tristate Class of 2015 commitments by college
Lacrosse Insider: Tristate Class of 2016 commitments by college
Lacrosse Insider: Tristate Class of 2017 commitments by college
Lacrosse Insider: Tristate Class of 2018 commitments by college
Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com.
Posted In: CCIAC, Connecticut, fciac, Recruiting Rundown