Joe Danaher, a two-year starter at Massapequa High School (NY), will be playing his college lacrosse close to home.
The goaltender, in the midst of a post-grad season at Trinity-Pawling (NY), has verbally committed to St. John’s.
Danaher, who has helped T-P jump out to an 8-4 start, was a big reason ‘Pequa made Nassau County Championship appearance in both his junior and senior seasons.
Danaher was an All-Nassau County honoree as a senior.
What were the main factors in your decision?
I wanted to stay reasonably close to home (Massapequa) and I wanted to play with and against some of the best players in the country.
What other schools were you considering and what schools did you visit?
It was between SJU and Adelphi University two very well respected schools
What are your strengths as a player and how would you describe your style of play?
My style of play is a low arc with the ability to make the momentum changing saves
What area of your game do you need to work on?
Plan to use the rest of my post grad year to fine-tune all my skills as a whole in net.
How did you get introduced to lacrosse and what other sports have you played?
I started playing in the fourth grade and fell in love with it. I started playing goalie in seventh grade.
What travel team did you play on last summer and what showcase events did you participate in?
I played with The South Shore Seals.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New iPhone/iPad app
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
* Updated tristate recruiting review and commitment rundown (for classes of 2013, ’14 and ’15)
* College-by-college breakdown for Class of 2013
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2012 Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* For a list of committed players with their profiles up, click here.
* To get your profile up, click here
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Cast your vote in our latest poll
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.
Posted In: Recruiting Rundown
Congrats big guyyyy
Great pickup for St. John’s!