* Smithtown East ended West Islip’s run of nine straight Suffolk County championships by beating the Lions 12-4 in the Section 11 Class A quarterfinals.
* For the second straight year, the No. 1 seed fell in the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference tournament as No. 4 Greenwich upset No. 1 Ridgefield 6-5. Ironically, last season, Ridgefield upset top-seeded Darien.
* Two Section 1 semifinal games went into overtime. John Jay pulled out a 6-5 win over Rye on a goal by Shawn Smith and Mamaroneck prevailed over Lakeland/Panas 7-6 on a goal by Peter Conley.
Before we talk about what’s on tap for today, let’s look ahead.
Here are the schedules for Thursday’s Section 1 boys and girls championship games at White Plains and Mamaroneck high schools, respectively, along with a rundown of all the semifinal scores from yesterday.
Here are the schedules for Friday’s FCIAC boys and girls championship games at Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk, along with a rundown of all the semifinal scores from yesterday.
Also, in case you missed it yesterday, the boys and girls rosters for the July 6 Under Armour All-America games were announced.
Now, to today.
Day 2 of the Nassau County semifinals are set for Hofstra University.
Here’s the lineup:
Class B – No. 2 Manhasset vs. No. 6 North Shore, 3 p.m. The winner plays No. 1 Garden City in the finals on Tuesday, May 28, back at Hofstra.
Class C – No. 2 Friends Academy vs. vs. No. 6 Locust Valley, 5:30 p.m. Winner plays No. 1 Cold Spring Harbor in the final on May 28.
Class A – No. 2 Syosset vs. No. 3 Port Washington, 8 p.m. You can watch the game live on MSGVarsity.com. Winner plays No. 1 Massapequa in the final on May 28.
It will be Hackley vs. Trinity for the New York State Association of Independent Schools Athletic Association Tournament title.
Be sure to post updates on score updates from games today in the “Comments” section below.
Are we missing a game you’re looking forward to today? Be sure to weigh in with the info by posting score updates in the “Comments” section below.
Don’t forget to cast your vote in our latest poll question. To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.
Today’s schedule/Postseason schedule
REST OF THE NATION
Put those mobile devices to good use
Be sure, as always, to weigh in with info/thoughts/scores on games you attend by posting comments here. And don’t forget to provide in-game score updates as well as final scores.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us
Get in the game
* Download the free LaxLessons Android app here.
* Download the free LaxLessons iPad/iPhone app here.
Cast your vote in our latest poll
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.
Posted In: Gameday