LaxLessons, home of the premier instruction lacrosse website, today launched a new mobile instruction app. The app features all the animated drills and plays available at LaxLessons.com, but is now available as a free download for both the iPad and iPhone in Apple’s iTunes store.
The number of lacrosse players on organized teams in the United States has more than tripled over the last decade. The game, once played almost exclusively in states along the Atlantic Coast and Canada, has spread throughout the United States from the South to Midwest to West Coast, and internationally.
This rapid increase has resulted in a need for a one-stop shop for animated lacrosse plays and drills for coaches and players. Plays they can use and be confident that their programs are running at an elite level.
“LaxLessons has always pushed the envelope on combining lacrosse instruction with today’s latest technology,” said LaxLessons Co-Founder and Head of Business Development Ryan Rabidou. “We started out four years ago taking the best plays and drills in lacrosse and turning them into two-dimensional graphically drawn PDFs.
“A year later, we turned those drawings into animated plays and drills that allowed coaches to come to a Website, log in and learn.
“Today, players and coaches can not only watch the plays and drills on their mobile devices, but also download them and print them out to make their very own playbook.”
The LaxLessons app was designed to take advantage of today’s latest technologies and showcases many cutting edge features, including filtering plays by position/difficulty/formation, taking plays offline, so users don’t have to be connected to the Internet, as well as sharing plays instantly on Facebook and Twitter and even designating plays as “Favorites” to be put in its own collection.
- The LaxLessons app is a free download in the iTunes store with several free plays and drills available.
- 3D PDFs of plays and drills can be printed wirelessly to take with on the road or form a hard playbook in conjunction with an e-playbook.
- Playbook and Drill book collections as well as single plays and drills are available as in-app purchases.
- “Favorite” top LaxLessons plays and drills with the touch of a button and have them stored in a own “Favorites” collection
- Search and filter plays and drills by difficulty, formation and position.
- Plays can be taken offline and saved to a user’s device in order to view the play without being connected to Internet or having poor service.
- Ability to instantly share favorite plays with the rest of the social lacrosse world on Facebook and Twitter.
- Additional plays and drills and collections will be added throughout the year.
LaxLessons is all about revolutionizing the playbook. Its mission is to make drills and plays as realistic as possible in hopes that both new and experienced players and coaches can learn an effective new play at the press of a button.
Get in the game
Connect with us
Cast your vote in our latest poll
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.
Posted In: LaxLessons.com Playbook