A bill that would have required helmets be worn by girls lacrosse players that was proposed for the state of Maryland wound up being withdrawn, but according to Athletic Business, the proposal has sparked a conversation about safety in the girls game.
In an interesting development earlier this week, lacrosse sticks are now being allowed as carry-on luggage on planes effective April 25 in a decision announced by the Transportation Security Administration.
In other headlines from this past week:
* Men’s lacrosse player of the year watch
* Duke to hold Military Appreciation Day when it hosts Loyola on Friday
* Maryland will be coming off long layoff
* Syracuse’s Kevin Rice on the rise
* Syracuse building momentum after win over Virginia
* Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse national high school boys power rankings
* Nike/US Lacrosse national high school boys rankings
* Nike/US Lacrosse national high school girls rankings
* Latest collegiate men’s national rankings
* Latest collegiate women’s national rankings
* Where to watch college games on TV this weekend
* Tristate recruiting commitment stories
* News & notes archive
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to 2013 men’s and women’s collegiate and boys and girls high school schedules.
Player’s perspective archive
You can check out the more than 100 stories by clicking here.
* Updated tristate recruiting review and commitment rundown (for classes of 2013, ’14 and ’15)
* College-by-college breakdown for Class of 2013
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2012 Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* Recruit profile archive
* For a list of committed players with their profiles up, click here.
* To get your profile up, click here
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Get in the game
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Cast your vote in our latest poll
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.