Now that we’re more than halfway there (through the regular season that is), it appears things are started to maybe come in to shape.
For the first time all season, the top six spots in the LaxLessons.com Top 25 regional rankings remained unchanged from the previous week.
But there was plenty of movement elsewhere. Be sure to share your thoughts.
1. West Islip: Junior star Nicky Galasso has already racked up 52 points. (Last week: No. 1)
2. Chaminade: Flyers should be riding high into upcoming showdown against Yorktown. (Last week: No. 2)
3. Manhasset: Indians riding high after impressive Woodstick Classic win over Garden City in which outcome was never in doubt. (Last week: No. 3)
4. Yorktown: After beating Darien for first time in five years, ‘Huskers look to improve to 18-2 all-time in Charlie Murphy Cup series against Lakeland/Panas. (Last week: No. 4)
5. Ridgefield: Tigers looked as good as advertised in a 17-9 win at Somers. Biggest remaining games include Lawrenceville (N.J.), Greenwich and, oh yeah, Darien. (Last week: No. 5)
6. St. Anthonys: Princeton-bound Thomas Schreiber had three goals in a 12-5 win over John Jay. (Last week: No. 6)
7. Cold Spring Harbor: An 8-4 win over Seaford improved Seahawks’ record to 11-1. (Last week: No. 9)
7. Shoreham-Wading River: Still unbeaten, but coming off a surprisingly close 12-11 overtime win over East Hampton/Bridgehampton. (Last week: No. 14)
8. Garden City: Look for Will Fuller and company to bounce back from Woodstick Classic setback to Manhasset. (Last week: No. 8 )
9. Rocky Point: RP takes 8-0 record into today’s showdown vs. SWR. (Last week: No. 11)
10. Lynbrook: Coming off a 9-8 win over Hewlett. (Last week: No. 14)
11. Comsewogue:.After falling to SWR, ‘Wogue beat Harborfields and Huntington back-to-back. (Last week: No. 12)
12. Ward Melville: Patriots fell 5-4 to Smithtown East. (Last week: No. 10)
13. Darien: When was the last time the Blue Wave was 4-3? (Last week: No. 7)
14. Lakeland/Panas: Rebels will shoot up in these rankings if they can pick up wins vs. John Jay and Yorktown. (Last week: No. 16)
15. Brunswick: Strong start, including wins over Greenwich and Malverne Prep. (Last week: Not ranked)
16. Somers: We won’t hold a loss to powerful Ridgefield against the Tigers. Big games await against Rye and Iona Prep. (Last week: No. 16)
17. John Jay: Injury-plagued Indians hope to be healthy. They have a big week ahead, starting today with Lakeland/Panas and ending Saturday night vs. Niskayuna. (Last week: No. 16)
18. Greenwich: Cardinals bounced back from loss to rival Brunswick by beating Fairfield Prep. (Last week: No. 19)
19. Fairfield Prep: Loss to Greenwich has to be considered a mild surprise. (Last week: No. 9)
20. Hicksville: 9-0 start. (Last week: No. 23)
21. Port Washington: Looks who’s back. (Last week: Not ranked)
22. Putnam Valley: Unbeaten start highlighted by big win over four-time Class C sectional champ Rye. (Last week: Not ranked)
23. East Islip: Winners of eight of their nine games. (Last week: Not ranked)
24. Smithtown East: Big one-goal win over Ward Melville. (Last week: Not ranked)
25. Farmingdale: One-sided loss to SWR notwithstanding, it’s been a solid year for the Dalers. (Last week: Not ranked)
Dropped out: Floyd, Plainedge, Baldwin, Glenn
BY REGION – Top 5
1. Yorktown, 2. Lakeland/Panas, 3. Somers, 4. John Jay, 5. Putnam Valley
1. Chaminade, 2. Manhasset, 3. Cold Spring Harbor, 4. Garden City, 5. Lynbrook
1. West Islip, 2. St. Anthonys, 3. Rocky Point, 4. Comsewogue, 5. Ward Melville,
1. Ridgefield, 2. Darien, 3. Brunswick, 4. Greenwich, 5. Fairfield Prep
Be sure to weigh in with your comments.
You can also reach Joe Lombardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GET YOUR LAXLESSONS.COM PLAYER PROFILE NOW…