There will be no shortage of talented teams at this year’s Somers Red/Gray Preseason Classic at Somers High School in Northern Westchester on Saturday, March 24.
The eight-team field for the fourth annual event will include defending CHSAA champion St. Anthony’s and 2010 Section 1 Class A champion Lakeland/Panas as well as Section 1 contenders Suffern and Fox Lane, Don Bosco Prep from New Jersey and Jerico and Kings Park from Long Island as well as the host Tuskers.
Action gets under way at 8:30 and will continue most of the day, ending at around 3 p.m.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @joe_lombardi or by clicking here. Follow LaxLessons @LaxLessons or by clicking here.
Player’s perspective archive
* If you’re a player from the region and would like to share your perspectives on the 2012 season, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check out the more than 100 stories by clicking here.
* For a look at how schedules for teams from throughout the region for the 2012 season are shaping up, be sure to check out the “Schedules galore” thread.
* Updated recruiting review and commitment rundown (for classes of 2012, ’13 and ’14)
* 2011 NLI Fall Early Signing Period commitment rundown
* Class of 2011 commitment rundown
* For a list of committed players with their profiles up, click here.
* To get your profile up, click here.
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Get in the game
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Posted In: Section 1
Somers, Lew, and staff always do a nice job with this event. Looking forward to it.Seems to mix it up and not always have the same teams.
I’m not trying to start a fight – but is this field slightly down from prior years? Or about the same? Just asking here!
The teams have varied from year to year.Think travel for teams now is an issue. I think this is as good as any year. Fox Lane, and Jericho are much Improved from last year. Lake/Panas and Suffern are still up there as Section 1s Best and will be in the mix for the A title. Don Bosco is always very good and athletic. Somers will be a mystery until we see them this year for they lost a ton of seniors. Do not know about Kings Park. And St Anthony’s may very well be one of the regions top teams. Missing are Yorktown, Guilderland, Put Valley, Brewster and Auburn from years past. Yorktown may be the only upgrade to this years field. Still always a good day of early season lax.