Nine players scored at least one goal for the 2011-12 Syracuse team in a 12-4 win over the Syracuse Alumni All-Stars in the second annual Orange Alumni Classic at the Carrier Dome today.
Many of the all-time greats in both Syracuse and lacrosse history played for the alumni team, and Syracuse coach John Desko said that some of the current Orange players were planning on asking for their autographs.
“They grew up watching these players and that may be part of the reason they chose Syracuse,” Desko said. “That is the fun part of the event.”
Henry Schoonmaker and Billy Ward each had two goals for the 2011-12 Orange.
Josh Amidon scored twice for the alumni team.
The exhibition game marked Syracuse’s only fall scrimmage. It will be practicing for two more weeks.
You can check out photos from today’s exhibition game by clicking here.
For the box score, click here.
The Alumni Classic also included an Old Timer’s game for the first team, matching a team of even-year SU grads (Orange team) against odd-year SU grads (Blue team). The Orange won 9-8 behind three goals and one assist from John Matthews.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @joe_lombardi or by clicking here. Follow LaxLessons @LaxLessons or by clicking here.
* Updated recruiting review and commitment rundown (for classes of 2012, ’13 and ’14)
* Class of 2011 commitment rundown
* For a list of committed players with their profiles up, click here.
* To get your profile up, click here.
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Posted In: Uncategorized