There’s one word that, above all others, describes Michael Fahey as a lacrosse player.
For starters, the rising senior at Manhasset High School (N.Y.) can play either attack or midfield, including d-middie.
“I think my greatest asset as a player is being a do-it-all type of guy,” Fahey said.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Fahey will be taking his myriad talents to Williams College.
What were the main factors in your decision?
All along the most important factor in my decision making process was attending the best academic school possible.
While I certainly wanted to play for a strong program, I always saw that college was about more than lacrosse and that an outstanding education was essential.
I also fully understood that I would only be playing NCAA lacrosse for four years and that afterwards I would need an education that I could rely on for the next 40 years.
Furthermore, the staff at Williams made me feel like a part of the team before I even stepped foot on campus and after talking to some of the current players, I strongly believe that the Williams community is perfect for me.
What other schools were you considering and what schools did you visit?
From the very start, I had a small list of schools that I was considering that I thought would be great fits for me.
Throughout the process, I considered and visited Amherst, Dartmouth, Harvard and Middlebury, but by the end, it was clear to me that Williams was the college that wanted me most and was the place where I thought I could be most successful on and off the field.
What are your strengths as a player and how would you describe your style of play?
I think my greatest asset as a player is being a do-it-all type of guy. While I love to dodge and to generate my own offense, I work well in-tight on the crease and can finish as well.
Furthermore, I take pride in the little things, which include riding hard, and even dropping back to play man-down shortstick defense as I did at Manhasset this spring. Overall, I like to think that I am a very multi-dimensional and quarterbacking type of player.
What areas of your game have you been working to improve on?
While I like to think of myself as a complete player, I know that a main focus for me going forward will be improving my overall athleticism.
At the next level, the players are simply bigger, better, faster, and stronger. In order for me to compete for a spot right away, I know that I will really have to get in the weight room and continue to speed train as well.
Who have been some of the biggest influences on you during your development as a player?
Even though there have been many influences on my game, I think that I owe my work ethic to my father who instilled in me an insatiable desire to succeed at a young age.
I also owe a big thanks to high school coaches Bill Cherry, Mike Christy and Blake Miller and club coach Ken Miller who altogether relentlessly pushed me to be my best.
What travel team did you play on and what were some of the big showcase events you participated in?
This past fall/summer, I played with the Long Island Sting, which has proven to be one of the top club squads in the tristate over the past couple of years. With the Sting I played in the Radnor Quakerfest, Tristate, and the Brine Shootout and attended a few individual events as well.
I’m also hoping that my old club team, the LI Raiders, will make a comeback and will play in an event or two next year.
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Email us at email@example.com.
Connect with us
Get in the game
Cast your vote in our latest poll
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.
One Response to “Manhasset’s Fahey finds perfect fit in Williams”
Leave a Reply
- Tristate well-represented in Under Armour boys/girls All-America selections (12)
- Tuesday, 5/21: Semis set for Section 1, 8, FCIAC; Section 11 has Class A, B quarterfinals; Unbeaten Delbarton starts NJ tourney play (66)
- Greeley junior midfielder Frieder finds perfect balance in Brown (1)
- 22: yay effan!
- No Limit Camps in Westchester, LI will have Maverik giveaways (1)
- dip n dunk lacrosse: www.dipndunklacrosse.com...
- Saturday, 5/18: Big day for playoff action in the tristate – sectional, conference playoffs in NY/CT; state tourney in NJ; Chaminade vs. Delbarton could be for nation’s No. 1 ranking (87)
- Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for classes of 2013, ’14 and ’15 (68)
- Rye: Brendan Wood will not be attending East...
- Varsity season outlooks, recruiting news among top tristate stories (3)
- Victor: Useful information. Lucky me I found...
- Saturday, 4/27: 123rd Woodstick; HS doubleheader at Big City Classic; Unbeaten Chaminade at red-hot Yorktown; John Jay visiting undefeated Ridgefield in border battle (95)
- Panther Pride: Finally in Pville was 15-1...
- Friday, 5/17: Nassau quarterfinal doubleheader at Hofstra; Stepinac visits Fordham Prep in CHSAA playoffs; Fairfield Prep (11-4), Guilford (12-3) meet under the lights; NJ state tourney starts (6)
- Thursday, 5/16: Full slate of Section 1 opening-round games; Suffolk Class A playoffs start; Nassau Class B quarterfinal doubleheader at Hofstra; Suffolk playoffs start; St. Anthony visits Don Bosco (52)
- Saturday, 4/27: 123rd Woodstick; HS doubleheader at Big City Classic; Unbeaten Chaminade at red-hot Yorktown; John Jay visiting undefeated Ridgefield in border battle95
- Saturday, 5/18: Big day for playoff action in the tristate – sectional, conference playoffs in NY/CT; state tourney in NJ; Chaminade vs. Delbarton could be for nation’s No. 1 ranking87
- Saturday, 4/20: State champ Garden City visits unbeaten Ward Melville; Mountain Lakes, Delbarton meet in NJ clash of undefeated teams; Yorktown/Darien and Manhasset/John Jay renew rivalries78
- Tuesday, 5/21: Semis set for Section 1, 8, FCIAC; Section 11 has Class A, B quarterfinals; Unbeaten Delbarton starts NJ tourney play66
- Saturday, 4/13: Chaminade/Manhasset, Yorktown/Bronxville, Summit/Ridgefield, John Jay/Wilton, Darien/Niskayuna headline Super Saturday slate66
Popular Posts By Comments In The Last 7 Days
- 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week (9)
- ArchLevel Lacrosse (1)
- Blast from the Past video archives (4)
- CCIAC (5)
- Central New York Lacrosse (7)
- CHSAA lacrosse (153)
- Coach's Corner (4)
- College lacrosse (190)
- Dick's Sporting Goods (4)
- Empire State Games (13)
- Epic Moments (5)
- Fairfield lacrosse (252)
- Fall travel teams (7)
- fciac (232)
- Gameday (198)
- General (174)
- high school lacrosse rankings (2)
- House of Sports (9)
- Inside Lacrosse High School Insider (29)
- InsideLacrosse.com Podcast (2)
- International lacrosse (3)
- Interstate Athletic Conference (1)
- Interviews (12)
- Junior College Lacrosse (1)
- Lacrosse for Dummies/2nd edition (1)
- Lacrosse Media/Films (1)
- Latest college (1)
- Lax Lesson of the Week (13)
- LaxLessons.com Playbook (7)
- Long Island lacrosse (240)
- Major League Lacrosse (10)
- Maryland lacrosse (1)
- National Lacrosse League (1)
- National rankings (8)
- NCAA championships (5)
- New England lacrosse (13)
- New England prep schools (9)
- New Jersey lacrosse (61)
- New York City lacrosse (2)
- News & Notes (18)
- News & Notes – 2011 (2)
- News & Notes – 2012 (9)
- News & Notes – 2013 (19)
- November 2010 Signing Week (11)
- Ohio lacrosse (1)
- Pennsylvania lacrosse (5)
- Philadelphia lacrosse (5)
- Photo galleries (9)
- Player rankings (1)
- Player's perspective (177)
- Rankings (1)
- Reader's perspective (4)
- Recruiting 101 (6)
- Recruiting updates (521)
- SCC lacrosse (98)
- Scoreboard Central (74)
- Section 1 (371)
- Section 11 (305)
- Section 2 (26)
- Section 3 (6)
- Section 5 (5)
- Section 8 (290)
- Section 9 (167)
- Summer travel teams (15)
- SWC lacrosse (143)
- Today on TV (30)
- Today's Top 5 (54)
- Uncategorized (150)
- Under Armour All-America Game (9)
- Upstate New York Lacrosse (18)
- Video (32)
- Women's lacrosse (9)
- You make the call (39)
- Youth lacrosse (6)
- May 2013 (64)
- April 2013 (81)
- March 2013 (69)
- February 2013 (57)
- January 2013 (51)
- December 2012 (45)
- November 2012 (40)
- October 2012 (35)
- September 2012 (36)
- August 2012 (53)
- July 2012 (50)
- June 2012 (35)
- May 2012 (53)
- April 2012 (50)
- March 2012 (36)
- February 2012 (34)
- January 2012 (35)
- December 2011 (32)
- November 2011 (35)
- October 2011 (30)
- September 2011 (28)
- August 2011 (26)
- July 2011 (44)
- June 2011 (39)
- May 2011 (43)
- April 2011 (47)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (39)
- January 2011 (28)
- December 2010 (19)
- November 2010 (32)
- October 2010 (24)
- September 2010 (26)
- August 2010 (21)
- July 2010 (31)
- June 2010 (31)
- May 2010 (45)
- April 2010 (36)
- March 2010 (56)
- February 2010 (52)
- December 2009 (15)
- November 2009 (12)
- October 2009 (17)
- September 2009 (16)
- August 2009 (26)
- July 2009 (19)
- June 2009 (57)
- May 2009 (72)
- April 2009 (65)
- March 2009 (43)