If it seems like Michael Zingaro has been a part of the Lakeland/Panas (N.Y.) lacrosse program forever, there’s good reason for that sentiment.
Zingaro, after all, is a three-year (going on four-year), starting goaltender for the Rebels.
But after one final varsity season, Zingaro will attempt to accomplish a similar feat at the next level.
Yesterday, he decided where that would be, giving a verbal commit to Manhattan College, as first reported at Twitter.com/Joe_Lombardi.
An athletic player with quick hands, L/P coach Jim Lindsay said thr 5-foot-11, 190-pound Zingaro has already distinguished himself as one of the top goalies in the program’s proud history.
Now, here’s a Q&A with Michael on his commitment.
What were the main factors in your decision?
Main factors were that the school is close to my family, really liked (Manhattan Head) Coach (Steve) Manitta and Manhattan College.
What other schools were you considering and what schools did you visit?
I visited Albany, St John’s and Dartmouth.
What are your strengths as a player and how would you describe your style of play?
I like to play fast-paced and get into the game. I feel that I clear the ball well and get it going up field.
What area of your game do you need to work on?
I feel I need to work on my stick skills
How did you get introduced to lacrosse?
My dad showed me lacrosse and my brother got me to play football.
What travel team do you play on what showcase events did you participate in?
I went to Showtime and the Capital Challenge. I played for WestRock Lacrosse and No Limit Ballers.
Any final thoughts?
I would like to thank Coach Lindsay and (Lakeland/Panas assistant coach Matt) Garcia and (Coach) Lew Janavey from Somers (High School).
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
Become a Lacrosse Insider
You can get exclusive content, including breaking news, in-depth and real-time recruiting updates as well as game analysis, camp analysis and player analysis 24/7 by becoming a LaxLessons.com “Lacrosse Insider.”
New iPhone/iPad and Android apps
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
* Updated tristate recruiting review and commitment rundown (for classes of 2013, ’14, ’15 and ’16)
* College-by-college commit breakdowns by class (from 2014-2016)
* College-by-college breakdown for Class of 2013
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2012 Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* For a list of committed players with their profiles up, click here.
* To get your profile up, click here
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Posted In: Hudson Valley, Recruiting Rundown, Section 1