* Interactive Division I, II, III Tournament brackets
While lacrosse participation is booming and interest in the sport has skyrocketed nationally, attendance at its annual showcase event, the NCAA semifinals and finals, has declined each year since drawing 123,225 fans in 2007.
That decline has sparked concern, and even prompted some involved with the sport to clumsily play the role of cheerleader in pleading for more fan support.
The annual decline in attendance is the center of a story in Friday’s Baltimore Sun as Final Four action is set for Saturday in the sport’s age-old, proud and traditional home base.
You can read the story here.
* College lacrosse coverage archive
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, contact Joe Lombardi directly at email@example.com or send a Tweet to @Joe_Lombardi or @LaxLessons.
Get in the Zone: The HS Zone
High School Zone: Long Island
High School Zone: Hudson Valley
High School Zone: Connecticut
High School Zone: New Jersey
High School Zone: New York City
High School Zone: Upstate New York
High School Zone: New England
High School Zone: Pennsylvania
High School Zone: Maryland
High School Zone: Canada
High School Zone: Beyond the Northeast
More LAXLESSONS Links
Top 25 tristate preseason team rankings
Top 100 tristate preseason player rankings
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2014
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2015
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2016
* Updated tristate recruiting commitment rundown for Class of 2017
* Class of 2013 commitment rundown by high school/prep school
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2012 National Letter of Intent Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
Be a Lacrosse Insider
Apps for iPhone/iPad
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook Android app in Google play.
* Download for free the new LaxLessons’ playbook iPad/iPhone app in the iTunes store.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Be sure to sign up for our free online newsletter. Just enter your email address on the “Receive Our Newsletter” link on the homepage of LaxLessons.com.