We start with sad news from the lacrosse world.
Haverford (Pa.) senior Kip Taviano died at the scene of a car accident Tuesday night in Delaware County, Pa. Taviano, an attackman, had been planning on playing college lacrosse at Furman University.
For more on Taviano’s tragic death, here’s a story from NBC10 Philadelphia.
Here are more headlines from this week:
* Second NCAA lacrosse title in four years elevates Duke among the sport’s elite
* Duke-Syracuse: What they’re saying
* Why Duke won
* John Danowski changes meaning of Duke lacrosse
* Turri’s transformation as first-year starter in goal among keys to Blue Devils’ title
* Way too early rankings for 2014
* Final Division I, II, III men’s/women’s Final Four brackets
* Tewaaraton announcement set for May 30
* Latest college men’s/women’s, high school boys/girls national rankings
* USILA Division II men’s All-Americans
* USILA Division III men’s All-Americans
* Mayor’s Cup will feature top boys/girls players in doubleheader June 2
* Lombardi on Lacrosse: ‘Survive and advance’ has special meaning for seniors
* Lombardi on Lacrosse Archive
* Tristate HS notebook: Stacked NY Class B features array of contenders
* Tristate recruiting commitment stories
* News & notes archive
Have a recruiting commitment to report? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mobile apps for iPad/iPhone/Android
* Download the free LaxLessons Android app here.
* Download the free LaxLessons iPad/iPhone app here.
* You can subscribe to LaxLessons.com’s playbook, featuring animated drills and plays for your team, by clicking here.
* Updated tristate recruiting review and commitment rundown (for classes of 2013, ’14, ’15 and ’16)
* College-by-college breakdown for Class of 2013
* Recruiting commitment story archive
* 2012 Fall Signing Week story/photo archive
* Recruit profile archive
* For a list of committed players with their profiles up, click here.
* To get your profile up, click here
Connect with us
* Follow LaxLessons on Twitter by clicking here.
* Become a Fan of LaxLessons on Facebook now by clicking here.
Cast your vote in our latest poll
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll.” You will then see the poll questions and can cast your vote from the multiples choices, or, write in your choice if it’s not one of the choices.