As we told you in this space earlier this month, college programs will soon be starting their fall ball events.
Now, it’s time for travel teams throughout the nation’s No. 1 hotbed for lacrosse, the Hudson Valley/Long Island/Connecticut region, to get things going for the fall.
That all starts with fall and spring tryouts, many of which are set for this weekend. (A handful have already been held.)
Here’s a rundown of some of the tryouts coming up in the region:
* Team and fall tournament registration for the Long Island Sting is now under way. For more information, click here.
The Sting has openings at various fall tournaments for sophomores, juniors and uncommitted seniors. The fall schedule has been posted on its stinglax.net.
For more info on fall tournaments, contact Ken Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Long Island Express is holdings its tryouts this coming Sunday, Sept. 18 and next Sunday, Sept. 25 at the Field of Dreams in Massapequa. There is a $75 tryout fee.
For the tryout schedule, registration information and directions to the field, click here.
* Clarkstown South coach Adam Chagares started a summer travel program, Grip-It N’ Rip-It for players from Rockland, Westchester, Northern New Jersey and Section 9 last summer with three teams. This year, there will be four teams: two high school teams, one seventh/eighth grade team and one fifth/sixth grade team.
Here is tryout info:
Clarkstown South High School Turf Field
31 Demarest Mill Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
Cost for Tryouts: Free
Rising Seventh and Eighth Grade Team Tryouts:
Sept. 24, 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
(For players currently in sixth and seventh grades)
Rising Fifth and Sixth Grade Team Tryouts:
Sept. 24, 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
(For players currently in fourth and fifth grade)
H.S. Teams Tryouts:
Oct. 8 and Oct. 15
4 – 6: p.m.
Players currently in eighth, ninth, 10th and 11th grades
* Cross River, N.Y.-based Prime Time will be hold free tryouts with onsite registration Saturday, Sept. 17 and Sunday, Sept. 18. The schedule, set for the John Jay Middle School (the grass field behind JJMS), is as follows:
Saturday, Sept. 17
Prime Time 2020 (Current fourth-graders): 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Prime Time 2019 (Current fifth-graders): 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Prime Time 2018 (Current sixth-graders): 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Prime Time 2017 (Current seventh-graders) 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sunday Sept. 18
Prime Time 2016 (Current eighth-graders): 10 a.m. to noon
Prime Time 2015 (Current ninth-graders): 10 a.m. to noon
Prime Time 2014 (Current 10th-graders): 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Prime Time 2013 (Current 11th-graders): 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
For more, click here.
* Rye, N.Y.-based Head, Heart and Hustle is offering fall tournament teams.
For more info on that, as well as tryouts for HHH’s summer team, click here.
* Ridgefield, Conn.-based Superstar has its final tryouts for Team Superstar 2011 Fall and 2012 Summer on Sunday, Sept. 18 at Ridgefield High School’s Tiger Hollow Stadium. Registration is now open.
* Registration is open for the Fairfield County, Conn.-based Connecticut Chargers‘ fall ball program.
For more info, click here.
Be sure to post any additional info as well as any tryout info not included here.
You can email us at email@example.com.
College Fall Ball events
Connect with us