Happy Selection Sunday, gang, for NCAA men’s and women’s divisions I, II and III.
The seedings and selections for the D-I men’s tournament will be unveiled tonight at 9 on ESPNU. For more on that, and where you can find out the brackets for the other divisions, click here.
Meanwhile, there were many noteworthy high school happenings the last few days.
* Defending FCIAC champion Greenwich’s surprisingly one-sided win over Fairfield Prep.
* West Islip winning yet another OT game to extends it win streak to 34.
* Yorktown pulling away to reclaim the Charlie Murphy Cup before a standing-room only crowd at Charlie Murphy Field in Yorktown.
* Manhasset prevailing over Chaminade in a defensive struggle in another well-attended game.
* Somers senior Kieran Donohue, picture at right, scored his 100th varsity goal in a 14-8 win over Horace Greeley. Donohue and teammates Kevin Cousin and Anthony Carpenter all scored three goals. You can check out Kieran’s player profile by clicking here.
Those topics were all discussed in this week’s High School Insider column for InsideLacrosse.com.
Be sure to check it out now by clicking here.
You can watch the entire Charlie Murphy contest, read an article and photo gallery on the game and watch a feature segment on the Yorktown coaching tree on the “Charlie Murphy Cup Central” page at msgvarsity.com by clicking here. You can also watch the game on Tuesday, May 10 at 12:30 p.m. on MSG Varsity (Channel 14, Optimum).
Also, be sure to take a moment to vote in our latest poll, which asks what team in the region has been the biggest surprise this season?
To vote, go to the right panel of this page. Then, just scroll past the “New Comments” and “Popular” tabs and click on “Poll,” and then cast your vote from the choices available, or write in your choice if it’s not listed.
Last, but not certainly not least, Happy Mother’s Day to all you Lax Moms out there.
You can reach us by email at email@example.com.