It’s quite a lineup, folks:
* Chaminade at West Islip, 1 p.m.
* John Jay at Yorktown, 1 p.m.
* Somers at St. Anthony’s, 2 p.m.
Together, these three games combine to form “Showdown Saturday,” one of the most action-packed single-day, early season slate of games the Hudson Valley/Long Island/Connecticut region has seen.
This weekend’s April 3 games promise to be eventful and action-packed, with four of the teams involved — No. 1 West Islip, No. 2 St. Anthony’s, No. 11 Chaminade and No. 18 John Jay — all in Top 25 in the latest Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse National Rankings.
That much is certain.
But who’s going to win?
Let’s hear your thoughts.
A couple of quick notes:
* The Somers-St. Anthony’s game, which had originally been scheduled for noon on Saturday, has been moved to 2 p.m.
* All proceeds of the John Jay-Yorktown game will once again support the battle against breast cancer. Parents (led by Yorktown team captains’ parents Lisa Lieberman, Robyn Mabus, Lisa Porcelli and Jeanne Interlicchio) will be asking for a donation of any amount at the entrance to Charlie Murphy Field and will be having a 50/50 raffle to raise money for “Support Connection,” which is a Yorktown-based group that assists women with breast and ovarian cancer.
Connect with us
LaxLessons.com recruiting coverage
Posted In: You make the call